What to Bring
- Sunscreen and a hat
- Short piece of cord to secure items in the canoe
- River sandals or an old pair of sneakers (River rocks are sharp and slippery!)
- Plenty of water (No glass containers on the river please)
- Snacks or a picnic lunch (Keep in waterproof bag or container)
- Small cooler to hold water and lunch
- Simple first-aid supplies (Keep in waterproof bag)
- Insect spray (only bothersome in the evening)
- Waterproof bag for valuables
- Trash bag (Help keep the Clinch River clean!)
- A waterproof or disposable camera in case of exposure to water
- Fishing pole and fishing license
- A change of clothes for the ride home
Don’t take anything you can’t afford to lose or soak.
Feel free to leave your car keys safely at River Place while you float.
Don’t worry if you forget something, the River Place Market will have everything you need, even a fishing pole to rent and bait!