Canoe, Raft, Kayak, Float Tube
Canoe, Raft, Kayak, Float Tube
River Place Outfitter: Canoe, Raft, Kayak, Float Tube Rentals
River Place on the Clinch is our base at the Highway 70 Bridge in Kyles Ford, TN. It is the finishing point for partial day trips and the lunch stop on the full day trips. After signing up for the trip of your choice, leave your car in safety at our base while we shuttle you to your starting point and let you float down river, back to our base, finishing at your leisure. Take your time to relax and enjoy the river. Since our trips are not guided except by reservation, you will be given a map and trip description. Full day trips take out at the Highway 31 bridge at the Clinch River Market in Sneedville.
ABOUT THE RIVER
The free flowing Clinch River is legendary for its floating excellence. Canoes and Funyaks are swift, maneuverable, and easy to handle. They are the craft of choice on the Clinch because they are ideal for exploring the many subtle riffles and eddies which make this river so much fun to paddle. There is no better way to experience this wonderful river. The Clinch is a Class I, II river unmatched in natural beauty and biodiversity. It is a free flowing river, meaning the levels are not controlled by dams making it natural in beauty and hazards. There is nothing quite like experiencing this special river and abundant wildlife from a peaceful float on the water.
WHAT TO BRING
- Suntan lotion and a hat
- An old pair of sneakers (river rocks are sharp)
- A short piece of light cord to secure items in the canoe
- Drinking water or drinks (No Glass Containers, Please)
- An open mind and a great attitude (to be filled by today´s great adventure)
- Trash bag (please don’t litter!)
- Change of clothes for the ride home
- Insect spray (It only gets bothersome in the evening)
- Simple first aid supplies in a water proof bag
- Water proof bag for small personal items
ABOUT YOUR SAFETY
River Place on the Clinch Outfitters has done everything possible to assure our guests a rewarding experience. However, we wish to inform our guests that river running is not entirely risk free. Unlike a theme park setting, your adventure will take place in a natural environment over which River Place on the Clinch has no control. Therefore, all activity participants will be required to sign our Acknowledgment of Risk/Release Form. All children under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian signature on our form. River Place on the Clinch reserves the right to restrict or cancel any river trip due to unfavorable river level or adverse weather conditions.
ALCOHOL AND THE RIVER
Alcohol and river activities...canoeing, tubing and swimming... DON´T MIX. Your judgment and abilities can be diminished by alcohol along with your ability to withstand cold. Exposure to summer sun intensifies the effects of alcohol. Tennessee is taking a strong stand against drinking in public and while on the water. Be responsible and smart...make the drive home safe and sober.
ORGANIZING A GROUP
Whether you are organizing a group from work, a church group, scouts, or simply bringing family and friends, there are certain steps you can follow to make your task easier, more fun, and less stressful.
- Call ahead for reservations to set aside the equipment you think you will need. Please make your estimate as accurate as possible.
- Collect deposits from everyone who says they wish to come. This commitment will make your numbers more solid and your planning easier. Please note, deposits are due one week prior to the date of your adventure to insure equipment availability. We cannot ensure your reservation without a 50% deposit.
- Things to tell people to bring. Include river sandals (or an old pair of sneakers), sunscreen, a hat, a picnic lunch and plenty of fluids to drink (alcoholic beverages are discouraged, save the bottled fun for after the run), a change of clothes, insect spray (not really necessary for day trips), and a small trash bag. Most of these things are available at River Place if your forget anything.
- Keep us posted on any major changes to your group size or needs. We understand your group numbers will constantly change, we simply ask you to keep us posted on any major changes, especially last minute changes. We are anxious to work with you to make your job as organizer easier. We are a small outfitter but want to meet all your needs if possible.
- Check with us three days prior to your adventure to ascertain river level and weather forecasts. The Clinch is a free flowing river and levels are dependent on rainfall. Be sure to phone us as your trip approaches to find out about the river levels. Phone in any last minute changes to us and confirm arrival time.
- Make sure everyone in your group has directions (available off our web site) and an agenda. Collect everyone's balance due so one payment may be made for your group as opposed to everyone paying separately upon arrival (this saves a lot of time).
- Every individual must sign our release form (which may be downloaded from our web site). It saves time to have this done prior to your arrival. Any child (under the age of 18) must have our release signed by a parent or guardian.
- Upon arrival at River Place on the Clinch assemble your group. Then you, as the leader, check in with your group release forms and payment. Be sure to arrive by your reserved time.
IMPORTANT ODDS AND ENDS
- Minimum age: 5 with close parental supervision
- 2 persons per hard canoe is ideal, maximum 3 adults
- Rafts seat up to 6 adults
- No glass containers on the river please
- We operate rain or shine
- Rafts - $50/day
- Canoes, Funyaks - $30.00 /day
- Float Tubes - $15/day
- Shuttle service - $15.00 up to 15 miles, additional 50 cents per mile over 15 miles. No shuttle fee when renting boat from us.
Subscribe to our RSS newsfeed for latest updates & news.